The North China Military Region Martyrs Cemetery is located at No. 343 West Zhongshan Road, Shijiazhuang, the capital of Hebei Province. Sitting north to south, it covers an area of 210,000 square meters. The North China Military Region Martyrs Cemetery has been enthusiastically cared for by party committees and governments at all levels and relevant departments for more than 40 years. In the new historical period, especially since the "Outline of the Implementation of Patriotism Education" of the CPC Central Committee, the Hebei Provincial Party Committee and Government of the Communist Party of China have attached great importance to the construction of patriotic education bases. The main buildings are: Martyrs' Monument, Inscription Hall, Martyrs' Memorial Hall, Martyrs' Memorial Hall, Revolutionary Cultural Relics Hall, Dr. Bethune's Mausoleum and "Bethune Memorial Hall", Dr. Ke Yihua's Mausoleum and "Indian Medical Team Memorial Hall", Dong Zhentang, Zhao Bosheng Monument Pavilion , Martyrs memorial pavilion, film and television hall, etc.
After the outbreak of the Anti-Japanese War in July 1937, the Eighth Route Army's 115th Division was dispatched by the Party Central Committee to advance into the Wutaishan area to carry out the anti-Japanese guerrilla war behind the enemy. After the Pingxingguan victory, the division headed south and established the Jinchaji Military Region headed by Nie Rongzhen. After eight years of bloody fighting, the Jinchaji Liberated Area, 800,000 square kilometers east of Tongpu Road, north of Zhengtai and Shide Road, Zhangjiakou, Duolun, Ningcheng, Jinzhou, and Bohai Sea was opened. One of the largest liberated areas under the leadership of the Communist Party of China. After the victory of the Anti-Japanese War, in accordance with the needs of the development of the war situation, in May 1948, the Jinchaji Military Region was cancelled and the North China Military Region was established. During the War of Resistance Against Japan and the War of Liberation, the Party, the government, the military, and the people of the region made tremendous sacrifices and contributions to the liberation of the Chinese nation and the establishment of a new China.
In the autumn of 1948, when Commander-in-Chief Zhu De came to inspect Shijiazhuang, he proposed to use the site of the "Victory Park" at that time to establish a cemetery of martyr to commemorate the revolutionary martyr who sacrificed in the North China land. Subsequently, the North China Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, the North China Administrative Commission, and the North China Military Region decided to build the Martyrs Cemetery of the North China Military Region. "Construction officially started in March 1950. Mao Zedong, Liu Shaoqi, Zhu De, Liu Bocheng, Deng Xiaoping, He Long, Chen Yi, Xu Qianqian, Nie Rongzhen and other party and state leaders People have successively made inscriptions for the establishment of the cemetery. It was completed in June 1953, and a grand inauguration ceremony was held on August 1, 1954. The Ministry of Internal Affairs, the North China Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, the North China Administrative Commission, the North China Military Region, and Hebei, Shanxi, and Inner Mongolia Autonomous Regions Representatives of party and government organs from other places attended the conference. The establishment of the Martyrs Cemetery in the North China Military Region fully reflects the deep memory of the people of North China for the revolutionary ancestors who had fought and sacrificed in the North China. The Martyrs Cemetery in the North China Military Region was built earlier in China. One of the martyrs 'cemeteries with large scale and high plastic arts. The martyrs' cemetery of the North China Military Region was listed as a national key martyrs memorial building protection unit by the State Council in 1986, and was designated as "Hebei Province Patriotism" by the Provincial Party Committee and Provincial Government in 1995. "Education Base", and was named "National Education Commission" in 1996 National patriotic education base for primary and secondary schools. "
The Martyr's Cemetery of the North China Military Region adopts China's traditional main axis layout. The main buildings in the park are distributed on three axes and separated by hedges. The layout is rigorous, the east and west are symmetrical, and the levels are clear. There are countless green pines and cypresses, which are increasingly magnificent, solemn and magnificent. From the south-north axis to the middle, the cemetery gate, mourning square, inscription hall, martyr tomb group, and martyr memorial hall are arranged in order from south to north. The gate of the martyr's cemetery is made of granite and bluestone. The wall of the gate is engraved with 15 large gold-plated characters, "The People's Liberation Army North China Military Region Martyr's Cemetery". The wall is connected to the east and west by two stainless steel doors to form this magnificent memorial building. The tall and majestic monument is engraved with the inscriptions of three generations of leaders of Mao Zedong, Deng Xiaoping, and Jiang Zemin. It is located in the center of the mourning square that can accommodate 10,000 people. On the east side of the square is the Revolutionary Cultural Relics Hall, and on the west side is the Film and Television Hall. On the square in front of Mingbeitang, there are three large bronze statues. On the east side, there are two Eighth Route Army soldiers holding steel guns and preparing to fight, symbolizing the heroic spirit of our army to go forward and kill the enemy bravely; on the west side, there are two men and women militiamen vigilantly burying mines. These two groups of statues reflected the two main armed forces of the soldiers and civilians on the battlefield of North China at that time. The central statue consists of three heavily armed Chinese People's Liberation Army soldiers. The soldiers held the "August" banner and looked ahead, symbolizing the glorious journey of our army from small to large, from weak to strong, and finally defeating the enemy to win victory. . On both sides of the seat are two white marble reliefs, "Participating in the Army" and "Supporting the Front". To the north of the square is the Mingbei Hall, which is the central memorial building of the whole park. The exterior of Mingbeitang is made of granite stone, which looks extremely solemn. In the center of the hall is a large white marble jade slab, engraved with the inscription of Mao Zedong, "Sacrifice for the country, and immortal". On the white marble platform at the top of the slab, a bronze-cast wreath is carefully crafted by Austrian Gest. The names of 248 martyrs are engraved in the middle of the north wall of Mingbei Hall. Inscriptions written by party and state leaders such as Liu Shaoqi, Zhu De, Peng Dehuai, Liu Bocheng, Deng Xiaoping, Peng Zhen, He Long, Luo Ronghuan, Xu Xiangqian, and Nie Rongzhen were inlaid on the walls on the east and west sides of the hall.
Behind Mingbei Hall is the tomb of the martyrs. The east and west cemetery areas are connected by three central monuments to form a whole. The tomb of the martyrs is a granite tomb with roughly the same specifications, breaking the traditional format of a tomb and a tomb. Behind the tomb is a white jade stele, and a flower pond is built on the top of the tomb. The martyr of 317 martyrs was buried among the green pines and cypresses. The new type of memorial building, the Martyrs Memorial Hall, is located in the deepest north of the park and covers an area of 1,400 square meters. Inside the hall is the "Jinchaji Revolution Memorial Hall", which displays revolutionary historical photos and revolutionary cultural relics. On the east side of the hall is a martyrs 'ashes installation room, where ashes of more than 600 revolutionary ancestors are now housed; on the west side is a martyrs' memorial room. The square in front of the memorial is surrounded by green grass and dense pine. On the east and west sides of the square are the leader of the Ningdu Uprising who was sacrificed in the Second Civil Revolutionary War, the former Red Five Corps Corps Dong Zhentang, and the Red Five Corps Deputy Commander Zhao Bosheng Martyrs Monument Pavilion. The memorial buildings on the two auxiliary axes of the martyr's cemetery take the form of China's nationalities in a distant proportion. On a secondary axis to the south, to the west is the tomb of Dr. Bethune, an internationalist soldier, and to the east is the tomb of Dr. Ke Yuhua, the monument to Dr. Edward and Dr. Basu. In the center of the square in front of the two tombs, there are tall white statues of Bethune and Ke Yinghua, which make the whole cemetery highlight the spirit of internationalism. On the auxiliary axis on the north side, the memorial pavilion and exhibition hall on the west side are commensurate with the memorial hall for martyrs on the east side. The memorial pavilion is surrounded by 6 terrazzo pillars, holding a large white marble stone stele with inscriptions of the North China Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, the North China Administrative Commission, and the North China Military Region to show that they have not forgotten the achievements of their ancestors. The exhibition hall has a construction area of 1280 square meters. The East Hall is the "Bethune Memorial Hall" with Nie Rongzhen's inscription. It displays more than 130 photos of Bethune's life and 22 precious cultural relics, which reproduces Bethune's great glory. The West Hall is the Memorial Hall of the Indian Medical Team of India aided by Nie Rongzhen. The 85-meter long photo exhibition fully reflects the excellence of the Indian Medical Team of China for the liberation of the Chinese nation and the development of China-India friendship. contribution. In the center of the front wall of the Martyrs Memorial Hall is engraved "The Martyrs Cemetery of the North China Military Region" written by the North China Bureau of the CPC Central Committee. The deeds of 25 famous martyrs were exhibited in the museum.
In the Martyrs Cemetery of the North China Military Region, 248 revolutionary martyrs sacrificed and sacrificed during the Great Revolution, the War of Resistance Against Japan, the War of Liberation, and the War of Resistance against the United States and North Korea, and the ashes of more than 600 martyrs since the founding of the People's Republic of China, including the workers' movement Leader Gao Keqian, commander of the famous Jizhong Hui People's Detachment and national hero Ma Benzhai, famous county magistrate of Jiaohe County, Yu Shiyu, Jinchaji militia blast hero Li Junzi, famous warrior Chu Daming, founder of the Red Army Cavalry Regiment and first cavalry Liu Yunbiao, the head of the regiment, and Rong Guanxiu, the nationally renowned "children's mother", etc. The park contains more than 10,000 revolutionary historical relics and martyrs' relics. Among them were the two surgical instruments invented and used by Bethune, the Chinese people during his lifetime, presented by Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau in 1973-"Iron Assistant Doctor", "Rib Cutters" and gifted by Canadian Foreign Minister Jamison on behalf of the Canadian Government A bronze statue of Bethune of the Chinese people. Here is the history of the revolutionary struggle of the people in North China. Here, we are facing the republic yesterday written with blood and life.
Editor-in-chief: The Communist Party of Hebei
Scan the QR code to follow the public account
Scan QR code to enter mobile version