Xibaipo is located in the middle of Pingshan County, Hebei Province. It was the seat of the Central Working Committee, the CPC Central Committee, and the PLA headquarters during the Liberation War. In May 1947, Liu Shaoqi and Zhu De led the Central Working Committee to station in Xibaipo. In May 1948, Mao Zedong, Zhou Enlai, and Ren Bishi led the former Central Committee and the PLA Headquarters to Xibaipo to meet with the Central Working Committee. Here, Mao Zedong and his comrades convened the National Land Conference of the Communist Party of China, adopted the Outline of the Chinese Land Law, and realized the cultivators have their own land; commanded the three major battles of Liaoshen, Huaihai, and Pingjin, and determined China's fate The Second Plenary Session of the Seventh Central Committee of the Communist Party of China was convened, and a grand blueprint for New China was drawn. On March 23, 1949, the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the headquarters of the People's Liberation Army left Xibaipo for the founding of the People's Republic of China. New China came from here.
After the CPC Central Committee left, the left-over personnel and the Jianping County Government (changed to Pingshan County in 1958) handed over the site of the CPC Central Committee. In order to protect the revolutionary sites and cultural relics, in 1955, the Hebei Provincial Museum and the local government established the Xibaipo Memorial Preparatory Office. In 1958, the former site of the Central Committee of the Communist Party was relocated due to the construction of the Gangnan Reservoir. Beginning in December 1970, ex-situ restoration was carried out at a place 500 meters north from the original site and 57 meters above sea level. On March 11, 1982, the State Council announced that the former site of the CPC Central Committee in Xibaipo was a national key cultural relics protection unit. On May 1st, 1987, a monument for cultural relics protection was established, and a cultural relics protection area of 391,800 square meters was delineated, and a nature reserve was 133,3200 square meters.
The Xibaipo Exhibition Hall started in October 1976. On May 26, 1978, in commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the relocation of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the headquarters of the People's Liberation Army in Xibaipo, it was opened to the public at the same time as the former site of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China. The theme display "New China Comes From Here" was revised and improved in 1993, 1996, 1998, 2003, and 2009, and has been rated as the "Top Ten National Top-quality Exhibitions of 1998" by the State Administration of Cultural Heritage. The Sixth (2003-2004) National Top Ten Exhibition Special Awards.
New construction of the Xibaipo Stone Carving Park (expanded and renamed Xibaipo Monument Forest in 2011), Xibaipo Sculpture Garden, bronze statues of the five secretaries, Xibaipo Monument, Zhou Enlai's Commentary Stele, Xibaipo National Security Education Center, Xibaipo began construction Cultural heritage protection monuments, Xibaipo Youth Civilization Park, Xibaipo Anti-corruption Education Museum and other revolutionary traditional education series projects have greatly enriched the educational content of Xibaipo Memorial Hall.
Since the establishment of the pavilion, Xibaipo has received more than 52 million audiences from all walks of life in society, and has received good social benefits. Party and state leaders Jiang Zemin, Hu Jintao, and Xi Jinping visited and visited Xibaipo in succession.
In 1995, the Xibaipo Memorial Hall was named the "National Excellent Social Education Base" by the State Administration of Cultural Heritage; in 1996, the State Education Commission, the Ministry of Civil Affairs, the Ministry of Culture, the Cultural Relics Bureau, the Communist Youth League Central Committee, and the General Political Department of the People's Liberation Army jointly announced it as "a hundred national Elementary school patriotism education base "; In 1997, it was named" a hundred national patriotism education demonstration bases "by the Central Propaganda Department; in October 2002, it was named" National Advanced Unit for Spiritual Civilization Construction "by the National Spiritual Civilization Construction Steering Committee. ; In May 2008, it was named the first batch of “National First-Class Museums” by the State Administration of Cultural Heritage; in December 2009, it was named the first batch of “National Defense Education Demonstration Bases”; in May 2010, it was named as the Supervision Department of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection. The first batch of "National Clean Government Education Bases" was rated as "National AAAAA-level Tourist Scenic Spots" by the National Tourism Administration in September 2011, and was awarded "National Advanced Unit for Cultural System Reform" by the Central Propaganda Department in 2012.
The great achievements and the spirit of Xibaipo established by the Communist Party of China during the Xibaipo period will be chronicled in history.
Responsible editor: Hebei Communist Party Member Network
Scan the QR code to follow the public account
Scan QR code to enter mobile version